In this disease, some area under your eyes is swollen. There are many reasons that cause bags under your eyes. Some of them related to disease or syndromes. Inflammation in the surface of the eye (conjunctivitis) and inflammation in the eyelids (Blepharitis) are common causes of puffy eyes. Crying, the lake of sleep, or excessive rubbish of the eye are some common causes. But the most common cause is a lack of sleep, a broken-up period of sleep, crying, and allergies.
Allergies reactions can lead to bags of both the eyes, sometimes you are accompanied by swelling of the whole face in severe cases as anaphylactic reactions. In rare cases, The bags under eyes become serious infections of the soft tissues around or behind the eye like orbital cellulitis.
What mean by bags under eyes:
The “bags” are created by loosing the skin and underlying fat to create a space. The created space gets filled with fluid or ‘fat’.
Skin’s looseness is also the factor of frequent manipulation of the lids in contact lens inserting and removal.
Causes of bags under eyes:
If you have symptoms like runny nose, sneezing, itchy eyes you may have allergies. Here are the most common causes: –
- Lack of sleep: When your body gets tired, your blood vessels dilate and result’s bags under eyes.
- Lack of proper intake of water: It’s important to flush out toxins from your body constantly and store them lest they harm you. Start with at least 10-12 glasses of water in your daily intake.
- Hemoglobin levels: Check your internal problems also with regards to your hemoglobin levels and get an appointment with your doctor to see if there is any internal weakness for which you may have to take vitamin supplements. However, this can also be substituted with a high protein and a balanced diet.
- Stress: Many people who are very stressed they also have sleep problems. Either they suffer from disturbed sleep and toss and turns. Due to incessantly thinking don’t get to sleep.
- Lack of proper diet: Junk foods, preservative-heavy foods, and lack of fresh salads and adequate nourishing food in your diet will also cause the skin to look swallow and give you bags under your eyes.
There are also some of the most obvious causes for bags under the eyes such as allergy, if you smoke cigarettes, you have a thyroid problem. There are some possible other conditions such as pregnancy (sensitive skin is more likely to swell in response to irritates), dermatitis, Mononucleosis, or Medications (cases by side effect).
Remedies for bags under eyes:
It’s most important to do these things when you have bags under your eyes. You can relieve them by taking good sleep, using cucumber, massaging your eyes, and do eye exercises.
- The normal adult needs 8 hours of sleep and night, this will help relax your eyes and reduce the appearance of bags. At the same time make sure you don’t oversleep. Sleep with your head elevated to avoid the excess pooling of fluid while you sleep.
- Eyes bags can be because of dehydration so you should try to drink enough water 2-3 liters minimum per day.
- Try to limit your alcohol usage as this can also cause dehydration.
- Control your amount of salt you consume as this can lead to additional fluid retention in the body.
- Always eat food rich with potassium such as beans, bananas, yogurt, and leafy greens as potassium helps to reduce excess fluid in the body. Maintain a balanced diet.
- Wipe your make up before you go to bed.
- Massage the area around your eyes with almond oil each night to get rid of bags.
- You can also try thin slices of cucumber or frozen tea bags on your eyes to get rid of it.
- Rub ice cubes around your eyes for 2-3 minutes to see a difference.
- Never rub your eyes especially when they are itching, as this causes micro-bleeding under your eyes. Rise your eyes gently with cool running water in your bathroom sink.
After a few days, If the usual home remedies don’t work take an appointment with your doctor to get his advice. And they may prefer you some antibiotics eye drops which help to reduce your bags under eyes in some days
Related Articles:Watery eyes: Causes and Treatments
NEURO-OPHTHALMOLOGY: DISORDER, CAUSES, SYMPTOMS, AND TREATMENT IN DELHI