Best Certified Laser Cataract Surgery In Delhi
100 % PAINLESS, STITCHLESS and the entire way of performing the cataract surgery has been redesigned with this procedure of best Bladefree Cataract Surgery in Delhi.
1. Up-to-date technology
2. 100% genuine Blade-Free procedure
3. Enhanced Visual results
4. Diminished risk of infection
Book Appointment or Video Consultation online with top eye doctors
A cataract is essentially a condition in which the lens of the eyes gets clouded creating diminished vision. Cataracts occur because protein builds up in the lens of the eye and it is common among old-aged adults, however, it could occur in young adults and children as well. Cataracts cause the eyes to look foggy, clouded, and milky in appearance.
This may result in facing difficulty in driving, reading, or remembering faces. To eliminate the problem of cataracts ophthalmologists suggest going for cataract surgery.
Cataract surgery by Eyemantra in Delhi includes the elimination of the natural lens by a simple surgery.
Causes Of Cataract
- The most common cause of cataract is degenerative differences due to the ageing process. With age, proteins in the natural lens reduce, resulting in a clouded lens called a cataract.
- Health diseases like diabetes, kidney disease, glaucoma, smoking, eye injuries, infection, and swelling inside the eye.
- Prolonged use of some medications can also point to cataract development fro adults in Delhi.
- A cataract may also happen in children due to genetic or metabolic defect or due to infection and trauma.
What Are The Symptoms And Signs Of Squint?
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty in seeing at night
- Viewing colours as faded
- Doubled sensitivity to glare
- Halos surrounding lights
- Double vision in the injured eye
- The requirement for various changes in prescription glasses
What Your Ophthalmologist Looks For?
Your ophthalmologist will suspect cataracts based on your age and medical histories like diabetes issue and your symptoms.
Your doctor can do the diagnosis of cataracts by widening your pupil with medicine and monitoring your eye straight using an ophthalmoscope and a slit lamp. You may also be asked to have a visual acuity test, a test that applies an eye chart to examine the effect of the cataract on your vision.
Cataracts are long-term difficulties. In most patients, their impact on vision develops with time.
In general, there is currently no way to stop age-related cataracts. Though, people with diabetes may reduce their risk of developing cataracts by fully controlling their blood sugar levels. To help stop infection-related congenital cataracts, women must get checked with their doctors about their demand for rubella immunization before becoming pregnant. Women who are already pregnant should see their obstetricians frequently for fetal care.
Cataract surgery is unusually an emergency. The decision to have surgery depends on the level to which your vision is impaired, balanced by the tiny risk that surgery entails. Although some persons with cataracts view that their vision differs. This happens by using eyeglasses, magnifying lenses, or stronger lighting, the only genuine alternative to cure cataracts is surgery. If cataracts impair both eyes, each eye surgery is scheduled and performed independently. Current surgical choices include Extracapsular cataract extraction and Intracapsular cataract extraction.
Once the lens is eliminated, it may be substituted by one of 3 choices IOL implantation, contact lens, and special cataract glasses. Presently, around 90% or more of patients apply an IOL lens.
When To Call Your Doctor
Call your doctor whenever you have found difficulty in seeing clearly. If you are older than 40, schedule an eye examination with your doctor every 2 years, even if you have not seen any change in your vision.
Cataract surgery improves the vision of 95 % of patients who have it. Of those patients who have IOL replacements, 90 % have 20/40 vision or better. In a few patients who have had extracapsular surgery, part of the lens capsule ultimately becomes cloudy, causing a condition called an after-cataract. This can be improved with laser surgery, usually as an outpatient.
Who Is At A Risk Of Cataract?
- Adults above the age of 50 as their eye muscles get weaker
- Individuals with poor lifestyle habits such as prolonged use of Steroids, Smoking or Alcohol abuse
- Environmental Factors such as over-exposure to harmful UV rays of the sun.
- People with diseases auto-immune diseases like Diabetes.
- People with Eye injuries.
- People with history eye diseases in the family.
- People with problems of Obesity.
- Individuals with Hypertension
Eligibility Criteria For Cataracts Surgery In Delhi
One is an eligible candidate for cataract surgery if you are :
- Undergoing cloudy vision
- Observing bright colors as faded
- Experiencing double visions
- Feeling light sensitivity
- Undergoing poor night vision
- No Pregnancy and nursing
- Cataracts are hindering your daily activities such as driving, reading, cooking, or your outdoor activities
- Not undergoing dry eyes activity
CATARACT Surgery Procedure In Delhi
Cataract surgery is generally performed one eye at a time. Cataract surgery is an outpatient surgery most of the time which means it does not require an overnight stay at the hospital or health care facility. The Cataract eye surgery in Delhi can be performed via two different procedures.
Traditional Surgery Procedure
- The scalpel blade is used to create an incision in the cornea by hand.
- Handheld Instrument is used to open the up the sac/capsule holding the eye lens with cataract formation.
- The Cataract is then fragmented into smaller pieces.
- Fragmented Lens is then removed using suction.
- Artificial Lens is implanted to replace the previously natural cloudy lens and it is stitched up
Laser Cataract Surgery Procedure
- A device named LENSAR is used to break the cataract.
- Laser (Femtosecond Laser) creates corneal incisions to access the cataract.
- Cataract is removed using suction.
- Artificial Lens is implanted into the eye once the cataract is removed.
Zepto Cataract Surgery
- Zepto cataract surgery is basically is another type of cataract removal procedure it is basically a procedure in which a handheld disposable device is used to create a strong, clear-cut and precise incision in the crystalline lens of the eyes.
- Zepto surgery is in many ways much better, economical as well as less complicated than the femtosecond laser cataract operation.
Cataract Surgery Facts
- Early symptoms of cataracts involve blurred vision, glare and stress on eyes while reading.
- Cataracts will affect most people and become more noticeable age grows.
- Cataracts can be diagnosed when the doctor observes the eyes with specific viewing instruments.
- The choice to continue with cataract surgery is essentially based on the amount of problem you have while performing your regular activities.
- Treatment for cataracts is operational removal of the cataract with implantation of an artificial lens.
- Several kinds of intraocular lens types can restore vision in varying ways.
- Cataract surgery is a reliable and efficient way to restore vision with severe complications being unusual.
Types Of Cataracts
Cataracts are among on the main causes for loss of vision among adults over the age of 45 and remain the principal cause of blindness across the world. It has been estimated that over 1.3 billion people are living with one form or the other of this disease.
There are various types of cataracts , some of them are:
- Subcapsular Cataract – Cataracts occurring at the back of the eye lens.
- Nuclear Cataract – Occurs in the central zone of the eye’s lens. (also called nucleus).
- Cortical Cataract – White Wedge-like opacity which starts at the edge of the eye lens but slowly works its way to the centre (Nucleus).
- Growing Ages – Nearly half the population by the age of 60 develops cataract and about 80% of people get a cataract in at least one eye by the age of 70 years.
- Traumatic Cataract – A direct injury or trauma can cause damage to the eye leading to cataract. It can be progressive or instantly after a trauma.
- Metabolic Cataract – Various disorders in body metabolism including autoimmune diseases like diabetes and galactosaemia can cause cataract over time.
- Secondary Cataract – In several cases, cataract develops as a result of some other primary ocular disease such as chronic eye inflammation or glaucoma.
- Steroid-induced Cataract – Excess intake of oral steroid or inserting steroid drops in the eye can create cataract. It is always recommended to ask a doctor before using one.
Traditional Vs. Laser Cataract Surgery In Delhi
|Basis||Traditional Cataract Surgery||Laser Cataract Surgery|
|Use of blade||Surgeon practices blade to create a hole in the eye for surgery.||No use of the blade in laser surgery as everything is through machines and computer.|
|Time taken in surgery||The procedure takes about 20-30 minutes per eye.||This procedure takes less than 5 minutes.|
|Blade-free||It’s not 100% blade-free surgery.||It is 100% blade-free, no pain and stitches during surgery.|
|Risk||It is slightly computer-controlled but have lots of risk factor.||Existence of an OPC is never dependent on the Nominee or Director. Can be dissolved by Regulatory Authorities.|
Catching Cataract Early
Cataracts start interfering with the day-to-day activities of the individual like reading, writing, driving among others hence, it becomes essential to address it as soon as possible. Basically, cataracts make it hard for light to pass through clearly and interferes with smooth vision. However, cataract is not a painful condition and it presents many symptoms before it starts showing drastic effects. Here are some symptoms that you have a cataract. You should immediately consult with an eye doctor if you start noticing any of these symptoms:
- Night Vision becomes blurry
- Sensitivity to Bright Lights
- Pale-yellow/ Clouded Vision
- Halos at light sources
- blurry vision and/or Double Vision
The symptoms of cataract are very subtle and it is also possible that you may not experience all of them at once. However, the cataract symptoms become noticeable slowly as the condition intensifies and it is necessary to consult with an eye care specialist as soon as these symptoms appear even the slightest bit.
Cataract Treatment Option In Delhi
SURGERY is the only treatment choice for cataract!
Once your lens becomes cloudy or white due to cataract, no medicine can decrease it back to being transparent. Replacement by surgery is the only feasible means to treat it.
Basic Principle of cataract treatment is the elimination of the cloudy lens by surgery and injection of the artificial intraocular lens.
You require to decide and discuss 2 things before going for cataract surgery. The technique of surgery MICS i.e Microincision Cataract Surgery is a simple system of replacement of cloudy lens by artificial lens remaining the same, in MICS the surgeon makes the holes by surgical instrument whereas in robotic cataract surgery the holes are made using computer programing and advanced Femto laser technology. The another thing is type of IOL:- Intra Ocular lens choice depends upon your vision needs and lifestyle like you essentially require near vision.
Type Of Cataract Surgery In Delhi
There are various technologies and basic techniques for cataract surgery in Delhi like Phacoemulsification, MICS, Robotic Surgery, Extracapsular cataract surgery, and Intracapsular cataract surgery.
Phacoemulsification is the most common form of cataract removal and modern cataract surgery in which the eye’s inner lens is emulsified with an ultrasonic handpiece and extended from the eye. Aspirated fluids are reinstated with watering of a balanced salt solution to keep the anterior chamber.
MICS is Micro Incision Cataract Surgery, the outcomes in cataract surgery depend on the size of the incision and the technology used. The visual results and recovery time are much better linked to conventional treatments as the incision size is even less.
Robotic Surgery(Bladeless Femto Laser Cataract Surgery) is the epitome of technology for cataract surgery. The treatment utilizes computer programming and laser energy to perform the surgery.
The procedure of Extracapsular cataract surgery is usually applied to the person suffering from the most advanced cataract and the lens is very thick to dissolve into fragments or when phacoemulsification is impossible. Extracapsular cataract extraction normally needs an injection of numbing medication around the eye and an eye patch after the operation.
The Intracapsular cataract surgery surgical technique needs an even more open wound than extracapsular surgery, and the surgeon separates the entire lens mutually with the encompassing capsule. This technique needs the IOL to be inserted in a different location, in front of the iris.
Different Types Of IOL Lenses Implanted After Cataract Surgery
The monofocal lens is the most applied lens during implantation. They have similar power in all ranges of the lens and can give high-quality distance vision, normally with only a light pair of spectacles needed for near vision. Monofocal lenses are in the finest focus at only one distance. They do not change preexisting astigmatism, a result of abnormal corneal shape that can change vision at all distances
The Toric lenses have more power in 1 specific axis in the lens to improve astigmatism with distance vision. Due to the variation in lens power in diverse areas, the change of astigmatism with a toric lens needs so that the lens be placed in a highly specific configuration. While toric lenses can correct distance vision and astigmatism, the patient still will need corrective lenses for all near tasks, such as account or writing.
Multifocal Intraocular Lens
Multifocal intraocular lens has a variety of sections with another power that enables some individuals to view at all the distances. While assuring, multifocal lenses are not for everyone. They can cause significantly more glare and loss of differences than monofocal or toric lenses.
The Aspheric Lens assures better quality vision and improved contrast sensitivity. It also provides better night vision and clarity under low light conditions.
What To Expect With Cataract Surgery
Your surgeon will check your eye to see the proper focusing power for your IOL. Additionally, you will be questioned about any medicines you take. You will also be asked not to take some of these medicines before surgery. You may be prescribed eyedrop medications to begin before surgery. These medications assist in preventing infection and decreasing welling during and after surgery.
During The Surgery
Your ophthalmologist may suggest you not eat a solid meal at least 6 hours before your surgery. The surgery for cataract removal can be done in a clinic, hospital, or outpatient surgery center just a 15-20 minutes procedure. Here is what will follow:
- Your eye will be numbed with eye drops or with an injection encompassing the eye. You may also be given a medicine that helps you to rest.
- You will be conscious during surgery. You can see light and movement during the procedure, but you will not recognise what the doctor is doing to your eye.
- Your surgeon looks by a special microscope by creating tiny incisions i.e cuts, created by laser or a blade near the end of your cornea. The surgeon applies these incisions to enter the lens in your eye. Using very little instruments, he or she will break up the lens with the cataract and eliminate and replace it with your new lens into place.
- Usually, your surgeon will not require to stitch the incisions sealed. These self-sealing incisions finally will stop by themselves over time. A shelter will be placed over your eye to preserve it while you recover from surgery.
- You will rest in a healing area for about 20–30 minutes. Then you will be fit to go home.
Recovery After The Cataract Surgery
The laser cataract surgery is generally a simplistic complication-free procedure which lasts anywhere from 15 minutes to 20 minutes for one eye. However, you can expect to be at the eye clinic for anywhere around 1 and a half hour to two hours. The extra time is taken in preparing for the surgery i.e. dilating your pupils, administering pre-op medication as well as going over the briefs of what to expect during and after the surgery. After the surgery, the surgeon might want to do a post-op evaluation and instructions for recovery after the surgery.
It is advisable not to drive right after the surgery and have someone accompany you for the surgery who can drive you back as well.
In addition to this, medicated eye drops will be administered to you and you will have to use them for a few weeks. Protective eye shields need to be worn as well in addition to the eye drops to ensure the safety of the eyes.
In order for the eyes to fully recover after such an intensive surgical procedure, in the first week it is advisable to avoid:
- Heavy lifting and strenuous activities (Nothing more than 12kg)
- Bending and similar intensive exercises that might put stress on the eyes
- Advisable to not go to swimming pools, and hot tubs and keep eyes closed during showers since water splashed onto the eyes can cause infections.
- Activities that might expose the eyes to dust or any other infection-causing elements.
A good ophthalmologist will inform you well about precautions before as well as after the surgery along with telling you how to take or of the eyes post-recovery period.
Consult with our expert eye doctors at EyeMantra where we operate with only the best and the latest surgical procedures and strive to improve the quality of life and provide best eye care facilities and the most pocket-friendly prices.
Do’s & Don’ts After Cataract Surgery
|Wash your hands before you insert eye drops. Always shake the eye drop bottle before applying it and follow the directions to avoid any sort of infection or inflammation.||For women patients, it is prudent to stay away from eye makeup or every kind of toxic chemicals for a week after surgery.|
|Cataract Eye Surgery: Do’s Have a time gap in case of one or more eye drops and close the eye for 30-60 seconds directly for the drops to absorb well.||Avoid outdoor activities and crowded or dirty places as the eye are very delicate to catch infections.|
|Wear a protecting eye cover or eye patch while relaxing or sleeping to stop from accidentally rubbing the operated eye.||Aviod driving for few months as the stress on eyes are not good sign.|
|Use UV shielded sunglasses to guard your eye against straight sunlight and also the harmful rays of the sun.||Do not raise any heavyweights for a week after surgery and leave out any kind of sports or strenuous exercises for some time.|
|You can take a bath and wash your hair the next day but try not to get in touch of soap or water into the eye for at least 1 week.||Never rub your eye or use anything to your eyes even rose water. This will improve the chance of infection.|
|Have a healthy balanced diet for a few days after the surgery.||Just after the operation avoid bending as this is putting extra pressure on your eye.|
|Visit your ophthalmologist as per the schedules made by them for a check-up. In case of any problem, it is advisable to discuss the doctor as soon as possible.||Don’t swim or take a hot tub for at least 2 weeks after the surgery. Even a little drop of water makes your eyes exposed to infection.|
Eyemantra- Famous For Cataract Surgery In Delhi
Eyemantra is the lead in Cataract treatment with over more than 1000 eyes operated. We are amongst the 1st few to have Femto Assisted Surgery Unit in Delhi. The surgery has exceptional precision and success rate without the application of blades. The technology enables correction of pre-existing astigmatism generated due to abnormal corneal curvature. This technology with a complete range of premium IOL gives the most beneficial of results after cataract surgery by our top cataract surgeons in Delhi and its NCR. Book an appointment with our best cataract eye doctor in Delhi to know more about cataract surgery cost in Delhi.
Frequently Asked Questions
A cataract is the clouding of the natural lens of the eye. It is the most common cause of vision loss in people of age 40 and is even the leading cause of blindness in the world.
A cloudy lens blocks light from concentrating properly on the back of the eye which points to a range of vision difficulties. These may include:
• Blurred Vision
• Sensitivity to Light or Glare
• Poor Night Vision
• Difficulty driving or using a computer
• Double Vision
• Colours appear faded or dim
Cataracts normally affect patients over age 55, but, anyone can catch this problem. By the age of 65, 60% of people have formed a cataract and almost everyone over age 75 has at least one cataract. They occur due to the normal ageing process.
A small incision is created in the front surface of the eye with a blade or a laser. A round hole is then cut in the front of the anterior capsule that encircles the eye’s natural lens. Typically the lens is then split into smaller pieces with a laser so it can be more simply separated from the eye.
Once the entire lens is eliminated, it is substituted with a clear implant called an intraocular lens (IOL) to recover vision.
Today, several processes in cataract surgery can be done with a computer-controlled laser rather of hand-held instruments.
A cataract is diagnosed by your ophthalmologist. For diagnosing cataracts ophthalmologists have specific microscopes for examining the eye. A complete eye check includes a complete history, vision testing, and record-keeping of the intra-ocular pressure. Drops are inserted to enlarge the pupil. This aids in the visualization of the lens along with the retina and optic nerve at the back of the eye.
All patients will have a primary measurement performed, along with the IOL Master. Depending upon the kind of implant that you prefer, additional tests are done. There is no pain or discomfort connected with any of these tests.
Nothing, as such you have to take care of a few things like inserting the eye drops suggested by your eye doctor several. We ask that you begin eye drops 4 days before eye surgery. These drops will not harm your vision. They are used to prevent and control inflammation, infection, and pain. You will maintain these drops for 2 weeks after surgery. You will also be provided with a detailed pre and post-operative instruction sheet before surgery with exact directions on how to take your eye drops.
Eye Mantra has more than 5 branches in Delhi, located in all the key areas. You can take consultation for cataract surgery from any part of Delhi.
We cater to areas in Delhi such as Adarsh Nagar, Ashok Vihar, Begum Pur, Karala, Narela, Pitam Pura, Rohini, Shalimar Bagh, North Delhi, Civil Lines, Gulabi Bagh, Kamla Nagar, Kashmiri Gate, Kotwali, Model Town, Mori Gate, Sadar Bazaar, Sarai Rohilla, Shakti Nagar, Tis Hazari, Timarpur, Wazirabad, GTB Nagar, North East Delhi, Dilshad Garden, Usmanpur, Shahdara, Shastri Park, Yamuna Vihar, Central Delhi, Chandni Chowk, Daryaganj, Jhandewalan, Karol Bagh, Shastri Nagar, Kishanganj, Paharganj, Rajender Nagar, Barakhamba Road, Chanakyapuri, Connaught Place, Laxmibai Nagar, Pragati Maidan, East Delhi, Jhilmil Colony, Laxmi Nagar, Mayur Vihar, Pandav Nagar, Preet Vihar, Anand Vihar, Vasundhara Enclave, Vishwas Nagar, Vivek Vihar, Kamal Hans Nagar, South Delhi, Chattarpur, Green Park, Gulmohar Park, Hauz Khas, Khanpur, Malviya Nagar, Mehrauli, Neeti Bagh, Netaji Nagar, Safdarjung Enclave, Sainik Farm, Saket, Sangam Vihar, Sarojini Nagar, Sarvodaya Enclave, Siri Fort, South Extension, Sriniwaspuri, Jor Bagh, Lodhi Colony, Khan Market, Sundar Nagar, Sarai Kale Khan, Jangpura, Defence Colony, Lajpat Nagar, New Friends Colony, Nehru Place, Kalkaji, East of Kailash, Chittaranjan Park, Govindpuri, Greater Kailash, Alaknanda, Jamia Nagar, Okhla, Sarita Vihar, Tughlaqabad, Badarpur, Dabri, Dwarka, Delhi Cantonment, Dhaula Kuan, Inderpuri, Mahipalpur, Moti Bagh, Munirka, Najafgarh, Naraina Vihar, Palam, Rama Krishna Puram, Sagar Pur, Vasant Kunj, Vasant Vihar, West Delhi, Ashok Nagar, Bali Nagar, Fateh Nagar, Kirti Nagar, Moti Nagar, Paschim Vihar, Patel Nagar, Punjabi Bagh, Rajouri Garden, Tilak Nagar, Vikas Nagar and Vikaspuri.