Top Endorsed Specs Removal Treatment In Nigeria
100% painless and stitchless Specs Removal Treatment in Nigeria. Redesigned with the latest technology, the procedure of the best blade-free Specs Removal Treatment in Nigeria
- Video consultation for Nigeria patients with the best eye doctors.
- Highly recommended treatment from top-rated Nigerian surgeons.
- Specialized treatment for all eye diseases that include LASIK, Squint, Cataract, Glaucoma & Specs Removal.
- World-class eye Treatment facilities for Nigerian patients in Nigeria at 1/10th cost.
Book Appointment or Video Consultation online with top eye doctors
What Is Specs Removal?
The procedure of specs removal involves a surgery that helps you get rid of your contact lenses for eyeglasses. The treatment also consists of the correction of other visual problems like nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. There are multiple technologies available in medical science like LASIK, SMILE, ICL, and Contoura. Out of the above four technologies, LASIK is the most popular form of treatment used by people.
What Is The Procedure Of Specs Removal?
SMILE is a commonly used therapy that is frequently known as flapless LASIK. It acquires only one laser known as femtosecond laser for the treatment. The femtosecond laser is used to cut out of part of tissue called lenticule. Later, it is dragged out by a small opening to correct the vision in the patient.
This surgery is 25 years old and is commonly used for specs removal. In this surgery, a laser is used to improve the cornea’s curvature to focus the light on the retina. It can be performed in two steps:
- A Femto-second Laser is used to produce a flap.
- Excimer Laser is applied to change the curvature of the cornea to produce vision correction.
Bladeless LASIK is also very commonly known as iLASIK, Femto LASIK, All-Laser LASIK, etc. Today, more advanced techniques such as smile, Contoura, and ICL have taken the place of LASIK.
It is a computer-guided topographic mapping procedure that helps locate the microscopic contours of the cornea. The process is almost twice as expensive as LASIK. It is responsible for treating the irregularities in the cornea’s curvature and emphasizing the visual axis of the eye. If we compare the surgery method to laser procedures,
RLE stands for Refractive Lens Exchange. The procedure involves the substitution of an artificial lens for the natural lens of the eye. It is recommended to the patients who are not fit for any kind of laser or lens implant treatment. A patient can take the form and quality of the lens and the system can be created with a mono-focal, multifocal, or toric lens.
Refractive lens exchange, also named lens replacement surgery or clear lens removal. RLE your eye’s clear natural lens with an artificial IOL to improve and correct your refractive error. Also, obtain more explicit focus and decrease your need for reading glasses. RLE serves the same procedure as cataract surgery for lens replacement.
LASIK Vs Contoura Vision Vs SMILE
- Clear Vision
- US – FDA certified
- Femto Laser + Excimer Laser
- Fastest Visual Recovery – Provides a Perfect Effect
- Digital tracking while Laser delivery
- Re-treatments possibilities
- Keen Vision Possibilities – Beyond 6/6
- US – FDA certified
- Femto Laser + Excimer Laser + Topolyzer
- specs Power rectification + Corneal Irregularities rectification+Visual Axis Treatment
- Quick Visual Recovery – Presents everyone a Wonderful Effect
- Standard Vision
- US – FDA authorized
- Only Femto Laser
- specs Power Correction Possible Only
- Healing takes 5-12 days – No great Effect
- Manual Tracking – No Digital Tracking
- Re-treatments probable
Criteria For LASIK, Contoura Vision, Or ICL
If you are Myopic, SMILE is a more suitable choice over LASIK or Contoura Vision. SMILE is a 3rd formation laser-based system and a true bladeless-flapless-painless surgery.
- For the number between +4 D to -8 D- Contoura Vision is the most suitable option.
- For the number between -8 D to -18 D – ICL is a suggestible option.
- SMILE: SMILE is a flapless, bladeless, and dressings-free surgery. The healing takes a few days, about 7 – 10 days. The dry eye aftereffects of the surgery are less with a SMILE.
- ICL / Implants: ICL is the most advanced vision correction procedure adopted worldwide. The aspherical lens is fixed and placed over the natural lens of the eye surgically for vision correction errors asking for remarkable results.
- Contoura vision: An improvement in spectacle removal surgery also recognized by Contoura Lasik: The high level of accuracy with the surgery is majorly due to the topographical mapping of the eye. Contoura works on the visual axis rather than the pupillary axis. This treatment on the visual axis brings intensified visual clarity.
- Femto LASIK (Blade free): Most high-level Lasik surgery in today’s day and age. A high level of protection and efficiency is guaranteed with Femto LASIK.
As a mainstream treatment for weak eyesight, LASIK is a reliable procedure with very rare difficulties. Laser Specs removal surgeries completed by us have served people to leave their spectacles forever.
Specs Removal Eye Surgery Cost
Specs removal surgery system costs depend considerably on the procedure that you go for. The more superior the technology the higher the cost. Though, the cost also includes the expertise and education of the ophthalmologist executing the surgery. Only a few eye experts in Nigeria have the practice and experience to do such procedures.
Eye Mantra hospital is one of the top eye hospitals offering Specs removal at the best prices. Bladeless LASIK procedure may vary in cost between ₹75,000 and ₹90,000 (approx.) while the fees for a Contoura Vision correction ranges between ₹95,000 and ₹1,15,000 (approx.). Of course, the exact cost will vary according to the complexity of each case and the procedure used. Here’s a comparison of the cost:
|I Lasik (Bladeless)||80000 – 90000|
|Contura Vision (Bladeless)||100,000 – 130,000|
|Smile (Bladeless / Flapless)||100,000 – 130,000|
Best Eye Hospital For Specs Removal
There are many good hospitals for specs removal surgery in Nigeria, including Vonnie Vision Eye Care Consultant Limited, Myvision Ophthalmic Eye Clinic, and Eye Mantra. Eye Mantra Eye Centre is believed to be the best place for specs removal operation.
At Eye Mantra, we are a team of experienced ophthalmologists who’re skilled in delivering the LASIK, SMILE, Contura, and ICL surgeries for everyone who uses spectacles or contact lenses.
If you are not satisfied with the contact lens and need to get relieved from wearing glasses, then you can get LASIK, Laser, SMILE, Contoura Vision, or ICL done at Eye Mantra at affordable costs.
Glasses, Contact Lenses, Or Laser Surgery – What’s Right?
Are you puzzled between glasses, contact lenses, and LASIK surgery? Well, the answer primarily depends on 2 things: Preference and Budget:
Some people like wearing glasses, or contact lenses. Therefore, there is no need to go for the surgery. In case you do not plan to wear glasses then you can go for a contact lens or Lasik laser, SMILE, Contoura Vision, and many more methods. They are the best way to get rid of Specs and are an easy process without any pain.
Specs removal or Lasik Surgeries are costly. Eye surgery at a good center shall start at around 30,000. So glasses or lenses would cost you around 2000-3000 a year, at the same time. So if you have that budget, you can go for the specs removal surgery.
Benefits Of Specs Removal
About half the people of the world have vision difficulty. But, this is now easy to correct as specs removal operation provides a safe and proper solution for almost all vision problems. Some of the benefits for specs removal surgery are:
- Get polished looks without glasses
- Get rid of spectacles/contact lenses
- Can also fit presbyopia.
- Can correct severe vision problems. For example, a SMILE can normally correct short-sightedness of about minus 10 dioptres.
- Painless and bladeless
- Safe and US-FDA Approved.
Home Remedies To Reduce Eye Number
- To change the eye power and to eliminate spectacles, mustard oil or walnut oil acts as a perfect remedy for this treatment, massage the soles of the feet with mustard oil or walnut oil.
- Walking barefooted on the green grass works for reducing the eye number
- Eyes stay healthy by cleaning the eyes with amla water or pouring rose water into the eyes daily.
- Avoid using hair color, hair dye, and synthetic shampoo on the hair because it directly affects the eyes.
- Make a cosmetic by mixing almonds, fennel, and sugar candy in equal measures. Mix 10 grams of this powder in 250 ml milk and take it every day before relaxing and it is very useful for decreasing eye numbers.
- Follow some exercises like eye moves.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are various technologies or procedures to get rid of specs or glasses such as LASIK, SMILE, ICL & Contura. LASIK laser surgery (Laser in situ Keratomileusis) is the most prevalent form of vision improvement method used by people.
Yes, all specs elimination or laser systems are very reliable and painless for specs removal as they are US-FDA-approved methods.
There are 97% possibilities of the people to be independent of their spectacles. 3% will have mild change from their zero targeted correction due to different recovery patterns in various people but will have their reduced dependence on spectacles. After 3-6 months, a laser improvement can be tried to correct these people further. People under the age of 45, who have distance vision correction may need reading glasses.
Every operation holds a surgical risk which is the reason Pre LASIK workup / Pre Tests are performed so that any patient not eligible for the procedure can be ruled out. Some of the risks may include:
Infections – Modern-day antibiotics can simply control and tackle infections.
Over or Under Correction – Can seldom happen because of different healing responses of the body. This situation is uncommon and however if so happens, it can be efficiently handled by doing laser polishing after 6 months.